What Is The Visibility Project? And Why Did I Start It?
If you own or manage a small business, there’s a good chance you’ve asked yourself at least one of these questions:
Why aren’t more people finding us?
Do we really need to be on every social media platform?
Is our website actually doing anything?
What are we supposed to be posting?
Why does marketing feel like another full-time job?
Or maybe the biggest one:
Where do I even start?
That’s exactly where The Visibility Project comes in.
The Visibility Project Is About Helping Good Businesses Get Seen
The Visibility Project is my small-business visibility and marketing service built around a pretty simple idea:
Before you spend more money on marketing, let’s make sure you’re getting everything you can out of what you already have.
Your website.
Your Google Business Profile.
Your Facebook and Instagram pages.
Your reviews.
Your photos.
Your branding.
Your existing customers.
Even the way someone finds your phone number or figures out what services you offer.
All of those little pieces work together to determine how visible—and how credible—your business looks when someone searches for you.
And sometimes the problem isn’t that a business needs more marketing.
It just needs someone to look at the whole picture.
So, Who Am I?
Hi, I’m Mariah Parriott Arana, and The Visibility Project grew out of years of working alongside small businesses.
For 15 years, I worked at the Chamber of Commerce of Okeechobee County. During that time, I had a front-row seat to small business.
I’ve watched people build businesses from the ground up. I’ve watched established businesses try to keep up as marketing changed. I’ve seen owners spend money on websites they didn’t know how to update, social media they didn't have time to manage, advertising they weren't sure was working, and services they didn't fully understand.
I've also spent my life around family businesses and have had businesses and projects of my own.
So I understand something that gets overlooked in a lot of marketing conversations:
Small business owners are already doing too much.
You’re serving customers, answering phones, managing employees, paying bills, ordering inventory, fixing problems, planning for next month and probably doing a few jobs that were never supposed to be yours in the first place.
Then someone tells you that you also need to become an expert in SEO, Google, Facebook, Instagram, content creation, analytics, websites, email marketing and whatever new platform showed up this week.
That’s not realistic.
And I don't think marketing has to work that way.
I'm Not Here to Sell You the Next Shiny Thing
One of the biggest ideas behind The Visibility Project is use what you have first.
If you already have a website, let's figure out whether it's working for you.
If you already have a Google Business Profile, let's make it stronger.
If you have a Facebook page with years of history, let's not automatically throw it away and start over.
If you're paying for software, advertising, directories or other tools, let's figure out whether you're actually getting value from them.
And if there are free tools available that can accomplish what you need?
I'd rather start there.
You're in business to make money—not to spend every dollar you make trying to market the business.
What Does “Visibility” Actually Mean?
Visibility isn't just how many followers you have.
It's what happens when someone hears your business name and looks you up.
Can they find you?
Do they immediately understand what you do?
Does your business look active?
Is your contact information correct?
Does your website make sense?
Are there recent photos?
Do your social profiles look like the same business?
Can they find reviews?
Most importantly:
Do they feel confident enough to call, visit, message or buy?
That entire experience is your visibility.
The Visibility Project is about finding the gaps in that experience and figuring out practical ways to improve them.
What Can I Help With?
Every business is different, so I'm intentionally not trying to force every client into the same marketing package.
Depending on what we discover, I may help with things like:
- Google Business Profile setup and optimization
- Website reviews and improvements
- Basic SEO and online visibility
- Facebook and Instagram strategy
- Social media content and consistency
- Branding and messaging
- Online listings and contact information
- Reviews and reputation-building strategies
- Website and social media tracking
- Content planning
- Simple systems that make marketing easier
- Business Refresh Projects and other hands-on projects that simply need someone to get them done
Sometimes you may need ongoing help.
Sometimes you may need a plan and want to handle it yourself.
And sometimes you just need someone to sit down, look at everything with fresh eyes and say:
“Okay. Here’s where I would start.”
I can do that too.
And Yes, I'm Testing This on Myself
There's another piece of The Visibility Project that's important to me.
I'm not interested in telling businesses to do things I'm unwilling to try myself.
My lifestyle platform, Unapologetically Diverse, has become part of my testing ground.
I'm using my own businesses and projects to experiment with content, Google visibility, SEO, social media, websites, Pinterest, video, blogging and other tools.
I want to see what actually moves the needle—not just repeat what somebody online says we're supposed to be doing.
When something works, I want to understand why.
When something doesn't, I want to know that too.
The Visibility Project isn't just about marketing theory. It's about figuring out what works in the real world for real small businesses.
Start With a Complimentary Visibility Discovery
If you're reading this thinking:
"I have no idea if any of our stuff is working."
Perfect.
You don't need to know.
That's my job.
The best place to start is with a complimentary Visibility Discovery Call + Discovery Report.
We'll talk about your business, what you're currently doing, what you've already invested in, where you're struggling and what you'd like to accomplish.
Then I'll take a look at your business the way a potential customer might.
Your complimentary Discovery Report may include things like:
- Website first impressions
- Google Business Profile visibility
- Social media consistency
- Branding and contact information
- Potential visibility gaps
- Easy opportunities for improvement
- Recommendations for where I think you should start
No confusing marketing jargon.
No pressure to buy a giant marketing package.
Just a practical look at where you are, what's working, what isn't and what we can do next.
Because you probably don't need to do everything.
You just need to know what to do next.
Let's Make Your Business Easier to Find
There are incredible small businesses doing great work every single day.
Sometimes the quality of their online presence simply hasn't caught up with the quality of the business itself.
That's what I want The Visibility Project to help change.
If you're ready to find out how your business looks from the outside—and what we can do to make it more visible—let's start with a conversation.
Schedule your complimentary Visibility Discovery Call + Report.
Let's find out what's already working, what's getting in your way, and where your business should go next.
— Mariah Parriott Arana
The Visibility Project
Small Business Visibility • Marketing • Digital Presence
www.arana-mjp.com
Comments
Post a Comment